Altra Running New Zealand
Altra Timp 1.5 Men's
The Altra Timp 1.5 is back and now features softer cushioning, an improved heel fit, and a more flexible midsole to take your mountain runs to the next level.
The extra-soft cushioning should really come in clutch during the later miles of your ultramarathon. After receiving some mixed reviews on the previous version's heel fit, Altra redesigned the heel to provide a better lockdown. Additionally, with a more flexible midsole, this shoe will offer a sleeker ride that can better adapt to the uneven surfaces you experience on the trail.
The outsole remained the same as the previous version so you will continue to experience unparalleled traction and grip through sand, dirt, and debris. Finally, with the addition of a 4-Point GaiterTrap, you will feel even more confident running through any material.
- EVA midsole foam for durable cushioning.
- Natural Ride System (NRS) design includes a more natural, foot-shaped last, zero millimeter heel to toe drop, and metatarsal-specific shapes in the outsole to assist in proper foot mechanics and allow for more natural foot movement.
- Natural Foot Design follows the natural shape of the foot for ultimate comfort.
- MaxTrac Outsole uses anatomically-shaped sticky rubber that prioritizes grip and durability on uneven terrain.
- Water Resistant Mesh creates a durable upper that provides optimal protection from water and trail debris.
- TPU Overlay provides lightweight structure to secure fit around the top of the foot.
- 4-Point Gaiter Trap is a velcro strap that secures trail running gaiters to the shoe, preventing debris from building up beneath the shoe.