Altra Running New Zealand
Altra Superior 4.0 Men's
With its brand new Altra Quantic midsole foam, the Altra Superior 4.0 sheds some weight and gets back to its roots.
The new upper is comprised of a seamless and stretchy toe-box, with a durable and supportive material in the midfoot and heel. Like the rest of Altra's trails shoes, the Superior 4.0 is equipped with the velcro gaiter attachment.
To protect your feet from stone bruising, this model also includes a removable stone guard. Finally, the addition of sticky rubber on the outsole gives the superior 4.0 improved grip on slick surfaces allowing you to fly down the trail with confidence.
- Altra Quantic midsole balances cushioning and responsiveness while remaining lightweight.
- Inner Flex flex grooves system provides additional flexibility and cuts weight for increased performance.
- Natural Ride System (NRS) design includes a more natural, foot-shaped last, zero millimeter heel to toe drop, and metatarsal-specific shapes in the outsole to assist in proper foot mechanics and allow for more natural foot movement.
- Natural Foot Design follows the natural shape of the foot for ultimate comfort.
- Removable StoneGuard Rock Protection slips underneath the sockliner to disperse shock and protect the feet from rock-bruising. StoneGuard weighs 1.0 oz and is 1 mm thick (Men's size 9).
- Trail Claw outsole design uses a sticky rubber multi-directional pattern, combined with updated lugs under the forefoot and claws under the toes to provide improved grip and stability on trails.
- FootPod outsole design follows the natural construction of the human foot for maximum flexibility and a responsive ride.
- MaxTrac Outsole uses anatomically-shaped sticky rubber that prioritizes grip and durability on uneven terrain.
- Quick Dry Air Mesh is updated for durability, wicking water away from your foot while remaining light and breathable.
- Seamless Upper reduces irritation and provides next-to-foot comfort.
- Gaiter Trap is a velcro strap that secures trail running gaiters to the shoe, preventing debris from building up beneath the shoe (matching gaiter sold separately).
- Synthetic Overlays provide long-lasting support.